Best Paintball Mask – 2018 Full Review
While playing paintball, the most crucial of all equipment is the mask. Since every player is different and has got a different style of playing and different choice of equipment, it is hard to determine the correct one. So choosing the Best Paintball Mask becomes a little difficult as there are so many out there in the market and many players are loyal to a specific brand or a certain type of mask which makes it hard to discuss the matter. But there are many features on the basis of which you can differentiate masks and use it according to your level of comfort. After all, you should feel comfortable while playing even if you have the best features in your mask.
What it actually means is that the one with a low profile will expose less part of your face, making the visibility area smaller for a more focused target and the one with a higher profile will expose more part of your face, making your vision towards the sides more clearly and gives you a broad view through it.
But it is best for you to cover more part of your face and a smaller view will help in easier and more focused targeting. As in paintball, there are many games like speed-ball, woods-ball, scenario game-play, attack/defend, jail tag and many more variations. But apart from speedball, you can use any kind of mask for all the other games. As the name suggests, speedball is a vigorous game and you need to be focused on the target so a low visibility one will help in better game-play.
Top 10 Best Paintball Mask
Why Are We Using It?
- Paintball is a game of guns and ball of paints. Since the gun shoots the paintball with very high velocity, so it can actually hurt someone. For the body, we have to wear specific suits which protect the overall body from any bruises, but being the most sensitive part of the body, the head is more prone to any kind of external or internal damage so we wear masks to protect our face and head from any bullet of paint hitting us.
- A mask basically consists of different parts having different functions. Either it is a lens, mouth area, ear pads or a strap; everything plays a different and a vital role.
- The first and far the most important thing is the lens which not only protects the eyes from any kind of dust or UV rays but also protects them from getting hit by the paintball. Since a single hit from the paintball directly to the eye can partially or permanently damage your eyesight.
- A Lens is attached to a frame which can be customized according to your preference and that frame connects the lens to the mask making it more secure.
- Now, let’s talk about the ear part. The ear part of the mask is a little fancy, but it should be thin and hard. It should be thin enough to let you hear the voices of others and hard enough to protect your ear from any kind of damage. Being sensitive, ears are more prone to bruises and can hurt like hell after taking a hit from a paintball. So always check their durability.
- When talking about the bottom part, the first thought which comes to mind is that it protects only the nose and the mouth but its work is more than that. A bottom part of the mask also stores the air for clear breathing and prevents the paint from getting inside. It is a great feature since a normal helmet usually fogs up the lens after some amount of breathing, but this one does not let that happen and gives you a whole different experience and lets you breathe fresh air while protecting your half of the face. It also helps in preventing paint from getting inside the mouth, which is also necessary.
- The straps are not usually that important. They only help in keeping the mask on your head and can be customized. They are also very handy and inexpensive. But still, the strap can be used to enhance the overall look making the mask more comfortable in terms of fitting.
- A mask being the most important equipment helps to protect your face from damage. If you go into the field without the mask, then you will eventually end up regretting the decision. And in most places you are not even allowed to go without a mask, making it an important part of the game.
- So the overall function of a mask is to protect different features of the face and make you feel comfortable. But there are a lot more things to be taken care of, if we talk about buying a perfect mask. There are a lot of masks which offer the best features. Other than protecting the face, their fancy design and different styles attract the customers. So, the question that arises is which one is the best paintball mask?
Things To Be Taken Care Of Before Buying
- After knowing the significance of masks, the main questions that arise are “is it expensive?” or “where I can buy it from?” The answer is yes, some of them are expensive. Since the whole game is expensive, you have to setup a budget for that and spend accordingly. The thing is you can buy the Best paintball mask either online or from the market, whatever’s suitable for you. But you can always get the best features and reviews on a product online but you don’t get an in-hand experience. For that you can always go to the market. After all, it is all about being comfortable in your mask. That’s why it is important that you set up a budget for your equipment.
- While buying a mask, many people try to go for the most stylish one which looks cool and forget the comfort part which is a big mistake and a total waste of money. If you are wearing the best looking mask among all your team mates, but you are feeling uncomfortable with it or it does not fit well, then there is no point of playing as you will be busy adjusting the mask and will eventually become a liability for the team. This will not only waste your hard earned money but also will kill the mood while playing.
- Still, you have many choices online from which you can choose from. The Amazon provides the best paintball masks and if you don’t like them you can always return them, which makes it easier for you to make an exchange and try the product on. Just order a product and when it arrives, try it on and if it doesn’t fit, then you always have an option to return or exchange it.
Below I have mentioned the newest and the best products available to date in the market, including their pros and cons and their reviews so that you can make easy decisions. See the products mentioned below.
Top 3 Best Paintball Mask
100% uv protection
easy to breth
easy to swap lens
100% Uv protection
easy to breath
easy to swap lens
100% Uv protection
easy to breath
easy to swap lens
This is the smallest profile mask. This Dye precision goggle system is the lightest and gives the best field vision. It is basically designed for winning every game. It consists of a thermal lens. The lens is the leading product in the entire industry in terms of the optical clarity. No matter whatever the weather is, the lens does not get distorted or foggy in anyways. You always get a clear field of vision every-time you use it. This product marketed under dye consists of double stage foam tech, which basically means that it combines the open cell and closed cell. The significance of the foam is to wipe away the sweat from the face and moisturize it to keep the insides of the mask cool. Since longer game-play and sunny weather can make the mask hot from inside.
It also has a tangential/peripheral vision which allows you to see the movements easily. Apart from that, it also has UV protection layer.
This mask allows rapid lens change which means you can change a lens within 10 seconds which is pretty fast. It also provides continuous ventilation allowing heat or the moisture trapped in the mask to escape as quickly as possible. For a custom fit, the rubber strap comes with the tiger teeth buckles which you can bite down and protect your strap.
- Thermal lens to prevent fogging
- Compression made earpiece
- Tangential vision
- Tiger Teeth confinement system
- Ears are compression formed
- Venting made to scream making communication easy
- A lens can be changed rapidly
This is an excellent mask. In terms of looks, the design is amazing.
- It fits your face perfectly and does not have any loose corners. The size of the mask is rather small but still, it is comfortable for an average size face, but it might become a problem for those with heads a little bigger than the others, but voila! You can always try out the mask before going into the field for playing.
- You can easily see through the mask without any distortion in vision and even communicate to your team very easily.
- The mask also has a foam which makes it comfortable to wear and helps in wiping away the sweat and condensation. These masks are best for aggressive games like Speedballs. But these masks can be used for other variations of the paintball too. since they provide optimum vision enabling you to see your target with more focus and ease. They can be played in any kind of weather and they don’t get fogged up which is a problem in many masks. But these masks have an anti-fog lens, helping you to have a clear vision throughout your game.
- Perfect fit
- Highly comfortable
- Thermal lens
- Easy and quick lens change
- Earpiece formed from the compression
- Tiger teeth confinement system
- Tangential/peripheral vision
- Scream venting
- They are more expensive than the other masks
The virtue Vio ascend is a rather new model in a big industry which leads the VIO. It is a very high-performance product with a price tag of an average range. The mask comprises of dual material offering flexibility, comfort, and also the protection and all been designed as a single-piece goggle. This piece offers customizable straps, and also a replaceable foam.
Now, let’s talk about the lens. Its lens has improved visibility and the lens can be changed very easily. The Vio’s massive lens with thermal properties provides the best view of the field. And due to the presence of integrated lock with a hinge, the lens can be easily replaced within seconds which is highly commendable.
You can easily upgrade or change your ascend since the VIO platform provides 18 different types of lenses, 35 different types of straps, and so on. All this makes it stand out from the other brands.
The mask allows easier breathing and the vent condensation is pretty fast too with great airflow across the insides of the mask. The design is streamlined, keeping the goggle very compact and comfortable ensuring full protection for your face.
- The smoke lens comes with the mask
- Lock with hinge for changing lens quickly
- Increased coverage of face
- Customizable strap
- Advanced lens made of chrome
- 100% UV rays protection
- Anti-reflection coating
- Optical clarity free of distortion
- Rigid zones for protection
- Vents and easier breathing
- Better communication feature
- Multi-layer foam for eyes (removable)
- Large lens
- Wide angle of view
- Scratch-less lens
- The thermal lens with anti-fogging
- This mask is very comfortable due to its size. But sometimes for people with small faces, this mask has proven to be a little loose, but the overall size is perfect for average faces. The price is what attracts customers the most. It performs somewhat better than some higher priced masks.
- The most appealing thing about the mask is the lens. The lens is anti-fog and has scratchless properties, making it one of the best. The smoked lens also comes with the mask which offers a distortion-free view for the best view. Also, there is no internal reflection in the lens which saves you from a lot of trouble during sunny days. The vents are great in the mask. You can easily breathe and communicate with your fellow teammates without any hustle. There are limited colors of this product. But still, this one has maintained a good reputation among the other masks.
- Comes with thermal lens
- Great vents
- Cool design
- Can be easily upgraded
- Fewer options to choose from
- No ear foams which means they can sometimes be uncomfortable for the ears.
This mask from V-force is a cutting-edge mask with a thermal anti-fog lens which is leading the industry right now. The lens of the mask is scratch-less and free from any kind of distortion in the optics. The lens is sleek and spherical with a rather low-profile which helps in aggressive game-play. The UV-protective lens provides tangential/peripheral vision.
For aggressive gameplay, the mask has also maintained a hard design for better target aiming because of having a very low – profile. Being a Pro-grill mask, it provides max bounce due to the presence of a soft rubber region at the center face thus increasing the bouncing. For easy movement and comfort, the mask has continued to maintain lightweight. Its lightweight makes it extremely comfortable.
The mask comes in different colors. The camouflage ones are popular among many buyers. They are very easy to clean. Every part of the mask can be easily replaced without any trouble. The visor of the mask does its job great by keeping the sunlight away from your eyes, thus protecting them from the harmful rays. And the best part is that even in rainy season, the mask doesn’t fog up.
The intimidating factor of the mask is its look. The aggressive design of the mask makes it different from the other masks. There are many different companies who make the best designs of masks but forget about the comfort part. If the mask looks stylish but doesn’t make you feel comfortable then it is not worth buying because it will always effect the gameplay. This thing has been overcome by the V-force grill painting mask as this provides best designs with the highest comfort level.
There are very few masks out there who offer to replace the foam and this is one of them. You can easily change the foam of the mask. The lens can also be changed quickly and you can also clean the lens without any trouble.
- Tight-fit with maximum comfort
- Anti-fog lens
- Distortion-free vision
- Extremely low profile
- Quick lens replacement
- Replaceable foam
- Peripheral vision
- Smoke lens with single pane
- This mask has an aggressive look. Apart from the fact that the design of the mask is a little vintage, but still it looks great. With great looks, this mask also provides great comfort. Also, the parts of the mask can be easily replaced. You can easily choose from a variety of options since the mask comes in different colors. This mask is also great for people who sweat a lot. Since the game requires a lot of movement which results in sweating. This mask comes with foam which dries up the sweat. Overall, it is a great product for a reasonable price. I personally would prefer something like this
- Easily replaceable parts.
- Variety of colors Comfortable on ears.
- Very lightweight.
- There is too much space in the vents in front of the mouth. Other than letting you breathe easily, they also make the paint reach your mouth after getting hit which is not a great experience. Only if the space was less, this mask would have become a great package deal. Other than that, it is one of the best paintball masks.
After knowing about the different purposes of masks, the Best Paintball Mask can be easily chosen. The first thing you have to do before going into the field is trying a mask on. Trying on a mask will make you more clear about its features. If you have no idea about how the mask fits before the game then it can become a problem. Also, know beforehand about which paintball games will you be playing, since there are so many variations of the game. This will give you an idea of whether to buy a low profile mask or a high profile mask. And never forget the important things like comfort, ventilation, lens clarity and flexibility. If you are uncomfortable in the mask and can’t breathe properly, then there is no point in wearing that mask. You’ll only hurt yourself while playing if your mask is not letting you focus on the game. The masks mentioned above are the Best Paintball Masks that are available in the market. So, make your decision of buying the best one which you feel is the most comfortable and fits your personality.